Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Changing of Season

It's that time of year again.  The time of year when the sun begins to shine here in Washington and it is little less hazardous to venture past the Puget Sound area.  I love Winter, but I enjoy when it's over too. 

Spring officially starts tomorrow and this year we are doing better financially and so we plan to take lots of mini trips.  Washington in Spring and Summer are part of my favorite things about living here.  No matter how gloomy I feel come Fall (I miss the colors from home),  I always seem to perk up come Spring and Summer. 

Maybe I perk up because I know no matter how warm it may get here, it will never be as hot as it used to get in Kansas and Oklahoma.  I hate being hot, gross, stinky and sweaty and summers in Kansas and Oklahoma entail all of the afforementions dislikes. 

Maybe it's because I live with gorgeous mountains on one side of me and The Sound with ocean water on the other.  Maybe it's because I love seeing the sun and exploring the new things we keep finding in Washington?

No matter what the reason is, Spring always reminds me of God's Promise after the flood.  How beautiful and green it must have looked as He created this planet he blessed us with, Earth.  How amazing and majestic that He created a whole world with various and differing climates!  Even with allergies, I find myself looking forward to shorts, flipflops, swimsuits and even better since I live in a cooler region - sun and fun minus the need for air conditioning. 

Don't get me wrong, it can get warm here, but after growing up in triple digit heat every summer of my life until we moved here, I am quite thrilled to enjoy baking in the summers here in Washington.  We no longer have to live on sandwiches, tuna salad, grilled chicken (grilled and frozen on cooler days) and I can heat up the apartment almost year round.  And somehow knowing that the heat won't last long makes it bearable when it gets super warm here. 

What are some of your favorite things about Spring?  How does it remind you of God's promises?  Do you see his majesty and splendor in nature?

Have a good week.
In Christ,
Maureen

1 comment:

Launna said...

I totally see Heavenly Fathers hands in all the beauty of all seasons.

I am loving that Spring is near :)