Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Improvements and Road Rage


Today we had Lizzie's check up with the pediatric opthamologist.  While I love her doctor and as a rule I don't mind a drive (we drive normally 20 minutes from Everett to Redmond), I do have one pet peeve.  Being late.

I really, really, really dislike being late.  I prefer to be early, but I have children so let's be honest, that doesn't happen often these days.  I'm lucky if we make it on time or just a moment or so late.  Today though my navigation system decided to take me on the scenic route.  So what should have been a 30 minute drive at the most, turned into over an hour long drive with me stuck behind cars driving three miles per hour in a 45 miles per hour zone.  I was less than thrilled.  Especially when I thought I'd forgotten my phone at home so I couldn't call Dr. Lenart's office and let them know we were running later than usual.  Thankfully, I found my cell phone in my back pocket once I arrived, but it didn't improve my mood when we were in the office for all of five minutes and then done. 

Now I'm not one of those people who is going to get out of my car and start yelling at people.  That does not however, stop me from growling or muttering not so softly about driving.  You know it's not that I want to speed, I would just like to drive the actual posted speed limit!  I don't think I'm asking too much.  So no more listening to the GPS device, we will always take the highway, I leave earlier than needed anyway for a reason - I don't want to be late.  My time and the doctor's time is valuable.

Okay off my venting soap box.  On the good side, Elizabeth's vision has improved a line from 20/60 to 20/60.  This is good, because it means the letting her play video games, or doing school while she patches is helping her, which we needed to know.   And now we don't go back until January to see if we can make more progress with her vision.  For now we keep patching until we hit a plateau or it stops improving all together.

Oh and I discovered that when you are annoyed and driving, listening to Red isn't such a good idea.  It just agitated me more, Taylor Swift on the other hand, was more calming and I was able to take a few deep breaths. 

I hope you all have a good week.
 In Christ,
Maureen


1 comment:

lettersfromlaunna said...

I am exactly like you Maureen, I despise being late... I leave early yet there are times I am late... which drives me crazy. I also don't like when other people are late, I do try to understand it though:)