Friday, July 20, 2012

My Oddish Girl

All of our children have their own distinct personalities.  Some are dare devils who make us prematurely gray haired.  Some of our children are into computers, some into science, math, etc. . . you get my point.

Beka is my oddish child.  The child who is afraid of bugs, dogs, zoo animals, birds, vacuum cleaners and tornado sirens have a fascination with dead and dry skin.  As I write this, she is doing her darnedest to pick at the dead skin on my scalp.  It is something she seems to find fascinating for some reason.  I don't get it, but there you go. 

The same girl who is spunky, cheeky and pretty darned adorable and can be scared of anything and everything cannot stop herself from picking at me or Chris and our dead skin.   I am shaking my head.  I wonder if this means she has a possible future as a dermatologist?  I know she has a future in fashion - her favorite thing to do is to work with the few blankets she has and using them to make a dress.  I have to admit, she has come up with some pretty cute stuff.

This child is always smiling, happy (unless you wake her up from a nap, then she is like her mommy and extremely grouchy until she is fully awake), she makes us laugh constantly, but not to the point where she doesn't get into trouble for anything.  :D  It's kind of hard to be down when Beka comes and sits on your lap and gives you a cheeky grin.   

This is my oddish child, but you know what, I love her quirks and little odd things that make her, Beka.  Even if it means we'll never have a fish again because they terrify her.

Have a good weekend,
In Christ,
Maureen

2 comments:

lettersfromlaunna said...

I love those oddish children, my Valentina is one of them, she is so easy going unless she is exhausted, Other than that, very agreeable, a little odd :)

3Monkeysmom said...

Sounds like our Bekaboo. That and if you wake her from a nap before she is ready, Heaven help you!!! She's such a little morning person.