Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Life Changing Events


Twelve years seems like a long time, but to me it feels as if no time has passed.  Twelve years ago, I walked into church and shook hands with the handsome man up above.  While it took a little help from my pushy mom to get things going, once the ball started rolling it all fell into place. 

I was home from Sicily and trying to just focus on finishing college and then going to graduate school.  I had given up.  I was 26 years old and I kept seeing all of these college peers who were younger than me getting married and I decided, That's it!  I give up I quit.  I don't care what Jaymi thought God was telling her, I give up on men.    So when in April 2000 my Aunt Nina sent me an email telling me I should meet this nice young man in her singles Sunday school class my first thought was, No way am I getting set up again! 

It's funny how when we finally quit on our plans for our timeline, God's timing kicks in and falls perfectly into place.  Twelve years and I haven't regretted a day since. 

I love you sweetie and I hope we enjoy many more years to come.

Love Always,
Maureen

2 comments:

Sarah said...

My husband and I were mum appointed pen pals (his mum and my mum). We wrote for 1 1/2 years before meeting. Met once and then again a month or so later and got engaged. We were married the day after I turned 30. We are coming up on our 18 year anniversary(this September). Family certainly played a big role in our meeting as well!

lettersfromlaunna said...

This is so sweet Maureen, I am thrilled to see how happy you are after 12 years:)