Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Growth Out of Trials

Who would have thought that a little baby could spark so much controversy.   A two month old at that, and all because I asked for prayers.  Sometimes life takes an interesting turn.

I have been requesting prayers for Baby Hannah Mae, she's just turned two months old and is in desperate need of a heart transplant.  I am also apart of a group called Pray for Emerson.  Emerson and her family are awesome, and their story is amazing and abounding in God's miracles.  But in asking for prayer for Hannah Mae, I apparently sparked a controversy.  Some of the other people felt that it was wrong to be asking for prayer on a group for one specific child.

At first, I was ticked, then I was saddened.  Then after some much needed sleep I woke up inspired!  Why not create a Facebook page open to the public, where people with any problem for their child or their families can come and ask people to pray for them.  This circumvents the issues of worrying that one child is being ignored in requesting prayer for a child whose name is not on the site. 
So if you are a Facebook person and you are interested I have created a group named Praying for Children and Families All Over the World!  It is an open group and no matter what is going on, from family troubles to medical issues - anyone can go and request prayer for a child and their families. 

Here is the link to Baby Hannah - she in desperate need of a heart transplant at two months old.  Without it, she won't live much longer.  So prayer warriors let's get kneeling!!!
http://www.hannahmaeneedsaheart.com/

In Christ,
Maureen

 Footnote:  We are working to make the group open, but also closed, so people can find the group, but have to in it to see what people post.  Our hope is to give people a little more comfort so they can share those delicate situations without worrying that the whole entire world (i.e. those who would not understand or would say mean things) can see what they post.  Also, anyone who wishes to join is welcome, all I ask is that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.
Thank you.

3 comments:

lettersfromlaunna said...

This is a wonderful idea Maureen, I couldn't find the link on Facebook, if you have a link could you put it back in a message? ;)

3Monkeysmom said...

I hope this helps.
Bhttps://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/224477664340860/

If not, just send me a friend request on FB and a private message so I know it's you and I'll be happy to add you.

lettersfromlaunna said...

The link didn't work so I tried to find you on facebook but there is no where to message you. I can just subscribe to you. My full name is Launna Krivousov if you would like to add me from your end:)