Saturday, February 11, 2012

Woot, Woot!!

Normally, I write about my family and brag on them.  But today I have to brag on me a little bit.

April 15, 2006 I underwent gastric bypass because I wanted to live a healthier life and more importantly I wanted to live long enough to see my grandchildren someday.  At 300 pounds that was not going to happen.  So I made the tough choice to have surgery.  At the time my cholesterol was 280 and all of my other levels were just as bad and my blood pressure was very high. 

Almost six years later, and I now have my blood pressure under control thanks to beta blockers (sometimes you have to concede), and I added some stuff to my daily diet and medicine routine.  I take 1000 mg of Cinnamon, I take 1000 mg of Fish Oil with Omega -3, a baby aspirin a day, Zyrtec to keep my allergies under control so my blood pressure also stays in check better, 1,000 mg of Calcium since I am allergic to milk and iron (plus a friend to help) so I can not be anemic.  And something began happening . . . my numbers began to go down slowly. 

Today I opened up the mail and my blood work results came in from my well check last week.  My cholesterol is 222!!!!  My Triglycerides have gone down to 111, which is only 11 points away from normal, my LDL is still high, which I will need to work on, but everything else is looking a lot better.  Oh and I'm deficient in Vitamin D, so I'll add it to my daily routine and add more Cinnamon in during the day.  :D  Now to work on walking more and being more active. 

I hope you all have a good weekend.
In Christ,
Maureen

No comments: