Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Homeschooling for the Day


Today we've tackled multiple things. Some of it learning and some of it exiting Elizabeth out of Madison Elementary School. This means I spent a lot of time working on faxing things and preparing things to be faxed. Hopefully tomorrow means we'll have faxed everything that is in need of faxing to Washington Virtual Academy.

Right now I listen to the sounds of Elizabeth working on her Math facts with my phone. I plan to search out some Math games websites to encourage Elizabeth's Math skills to improve. We've tackled Spelling, and are working on a writing assignment for her - in which I am allowing her to write me a story about the Monster in the Lake that she is certain resides in the pond by our apartment complex. She is so thrilled with this assignment because it means I have let her go to the other side of the gate to research her story. She would live near the water or in it if I let her.

The nice thing about this afternoon was how many families we saw at the park. It was not unusual to see children spending time working on their schoolwork while enjoying the sun. My plan is to find a homeschooling group to gain ideas, as well as hopefully introduce Elizabeth to other children who are home schooling as well.

I hope you all have a good rest of the week.

In Christ,
Maureen

3 comments:

CJ said...

Sounds like you have embarked on a great adventure! Blessings to you both, and thanks for sharing your story with us!

3Monkeysmom said...

Thank you CJ. We are looking forward to it.

3Monkeysmom said...

Thank you CJ. We are looking forward to it.