Thursday, August 18, 2011

Moving and Moving On?

I've moved quite a bit in 37 years. Mostly to different houses in the same city or away to college, but I've also moved to different states and even a different country. As I've grown older I realize that I tend to move and lose touch with people.

The nice thing about Facebook is that it allows you to reconnect with those you've lost touch with over time. But to what degree do you resume contact with people or decide to let go and move on? Is it good to let relationships lapse and start new ones? Or is it better to maintain relationships even if it is difficult? And to what point do you say, "Maybe something is wrong with me that I don't get so emotionally attached to people that I can't live without them (except my mom and family of course).

So I promise I will try to do better about keeping in touch and work at maintaining friendships even though I have moved. I can't promise I'll succeed at it, or that I will fail either, but I will try to stay in touch. Of course, Facebook makes that so much easier to do now, so I'm hoping to be more successful.

Do you have trouble maintaining friendships if you move? Or are you a person who clings to your friendships even if they aren't healthy?

Have a good week. . .
Love in Christ,
Maureen

No comments: