Monday, August 8, 2011

God's Plan

There are many lessons I have learned throughout life. The biggest one is that God has a plan for everything that happens in life. I don't always know what the plan is, but I know He has a plan. I must confess though, I'm not sure what God's plan is when it comes to lice.

I currently have two young girls with buzz cuts in my living room because you guessed it, we found lice. I was exhausted Saturday and so I decided to rest on the Sabbath and to forgo figuring out the bus system to make it to church (we're down to one car right now) and just rest at home. The plan was to read my Bible, snuggle with the girls and enjoy a quiet day at home. The plan did not happen. I am not thrilled that the plan did not happen, not only did I not get to read my Bible, I spent the day searching heads for nits, and cleaning heads to kill lice and doing laundry to make sure we didn't stay infested.

About the time that Chris made it home, I was ready to cry and so we just gave each little girl a buzz cut. All because I decided to put Beka's hair in a ponytail so she could play outside. Thank goodness for towheads! Her super blond hair is what helped me find the louse. It was an adult and had apparently been there for a week or so because it had matured and I found large areas of nits. So off with the hair, because the Rid worked a little bit, but I was going cross eyed and if I'd plucked each individual hair with a nit on it, Beka would have large bald patches. Lizzie on the other hand only had a few nits, but the bugs didn't want to die. So off with her hair too. At this point if Sarah has it, she's getting a buzz cut too, because her hair is so long and thick I might lose my mind before we get rid of all the nits in her hair.

So that was my Sabbath. I hope your Sunday was more restful. I hope you got to take a nap, rest quietly in the Lord, and if you figure out why God made the louse, please share with me. I'd love to know - lice and cockroaches - ugh.

Love in Christ,
Maureen

No comments: