Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blessings and Friends


One of life's true blessings is a good friend. You know the person you can call no matter what and lament, the person who will stop and pray with you at a moments notice.

This morning I woke up tired, harried, and minus some hair. Last night, Jalen returned to our apartment and I treated her for lice. By the end I had to cut most of her hair off, because it was insurmountable the work that would have had to happen to get her 100% cootie free. Then I found some in Sarah's hair, but worse, the girls found live lice on me. Up until that point I had been teasing them I was going to buzz cut my hair, but when they found them alive and found nits, that was it, off with the hair. So this morning after going to bed at 3 a.m. and waking up at 8 a.m. and speaking with my lawyer's office, I got up grabbed some clothing and hurried to the bus. As I was waiting for the light to change, the bus I needed came and went. At this point, I picked up the phone and called Patty.

Patty is the lovely woman in the middle. Heather is the lovely lady on the left and she's awesome too. I called her about ready to cry and thinking I needed to change my name to Alexander and move to Australia already (read Alexander & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day to understand). And after lamenting, she stopped me and we prayed right there while she was trying to get up and moving and I was waiting on the next bus. In those few moments, I felt peace steal over my heart and sooth my weary soul.

God has blessed us very richly with some wonderful new friends. Mike & Merry Knapp are a few of our favorite people and they also are there when you need them. I hope we can reciprocate the favor sometime soon. Heather Morgan, who is awesome with my girls and a favorite guest at our house at least once a week if not more. Patty Kraft, who is wonderful enough to pray with a woman about ready to shoot herself in the foot out of frustration. These are just a few of the new friends the Lord has sent into our lives and we love you all.

I hope you all have a good day.
Love in Christ,
Maureen

No comments: