Saturday, July 9, 2011

Different Perceptions

I have a beautiful Bible and I love it very much. It even has a beautiful cover, Chris purchased it for me as a Christmas present. My other Bible was become very worn and falling apart. Actually it seems to be happen often with my Bibles, so Chris purchased me a lovely cover that zips closed so I can keep it in better shape.

Then I have a Bible that I can take with me everywhere, but it's rather unusual. I have the Bible application on my Blackberry Curve cell phone. While I love my beautiful and thoughtfully given Bible, I also love my Bible on my cell phone. Somehow it made wading through the book of Isaiah a little easier, because I can't see what is behind or in front of me. I can alter the print to make it large enough that I can see it without squinting and it gives me one verse at a time.

Just as the Kindle is great for trying to read a huge book like Jane Eyre or even War & Peace the Bible as an application somehow make the Bible manageable for a new believer. It's also easy to take with me where ever I go - especially since I have my cell phone with me at all times. So even when I am sitting in the doctor's office waiting to be called back or if I am in the car while Chris is driving, it allows me the ability to take God's word with me anytime and anyplace.

Do you struggle when you read the Bible? Does it often seem as if you'll never make it through the entire Bible in a year or more? Try it on a Kindle or a Blackberry, sometimes changing to perception of a book seems to help. You don't got bogged down by weight or heft of a book and you can focus on what you are reading when you are reading it. Sometimes changing how you perceive a thing can make all the difference in the world and make what seems like an insurmountable task much easier and less daunting.

Have a good weekend.
Love in Christ,
Maureen

No comments: