Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Trials

In light of the recent tornadoes that have swept through Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas and Missouri, I thought about writing about trials and tribulations.

I could write platitudes, I could share my own angst story, and yet somehow, when your three year old son is missing or you've face a year filled with loss and heartache - it won't matter.
So instead of platitudes I just wanted to share this. . . I am praying for you.

I know sometimes it seems like life is never going to be okay again and you wonder if you'll ever be able to breathe? You will, even if it takes longer than you'd like, it will be okay. I know it feels like nothing good ever happens to you and it may never happen again, but it will. I've been there - in the pit - feeling as if you are slowly drowning. Does it mean that you cry out to God? Please do! He wants to hear what you have to say - even if they are words of anger and frustration at all of the crummy things that have happened to you in your life. Please cry out and although it may not feel like it right away - he is there and yes, he absolutely cares.

I am praying for you and I have friends online who are lifting you up in prayers. You are not alone and we care. God cares, and He feels your hurt. Even though you feel alone - you are not alone.

Love in Christ,
Maureen

No comments: