Thursday, May 19, 2011

Laundry and Pet Peeves!!!

This is Beka, very unhappy, and covered in charcoal because she decided to take some pills she had no business getting into. This is however, not the point of this specific blog entry.

I am a fairly normal and sane woman. I am pretty laid back and easy going, except for a few things. I cannot stand rude and disrespectful children and it really, really, REALLY bugs me when people just touch my stuff. I don't even like it when Lizzie tries to help me by "cleaning" my room. Maybe it's because as a kid my sister used to help herself to my things. . . or maybe it's that my mom used to promise to wait for me when I had to go to the bathroom at the store and a few minutes later (I go potty fast because of this one by the way) I'd be frantically searching through the grocery store for her?! It's possible that it's the second reason, but most likely it's the first explanation that means for me, I really, really don't like it when people touch my stuff. So of course, it makes sense that I would move into an apartment complex where I have to share a washer and dryer with six units.

So while I like our apartment complex, I love the view and I love that I can step out onto my porch and see the girls playing in the sun and having a good. I do not however, love that the people in my apartment complex are inconsiderate. For example: our apartment manager can't put a lock on the gate so the kids will be safe, because the residents will cut the lock off since it inconveniences them to keep the kids safe - so they can fish. Or the fact that they just park wherever including my spot because they want to - to the point that I didn't even realize that my spot was number 1 - and not number 3. I almost got in trouble with our apartment manager for that one. But possibly the one that made me insane the most is that people in our unit touch my laundry. They just take the stuff out and put it on top of the dryer. At least there are locks on the door - so not everyone can get into the laundry room. And it's not like they take the stuff out of the dryer and fold it, nope - they just pile it on top of the machine and sometimes it falls onto the ground. So excuse, me but there is at least a little thing called courtesy and respect. So tonight I found myself needing the dryer and the people who had it occupied, didn't come back to retrieve it for several hours. No, I didn't decide to just pile it on top of the machine - tempting though it was at the time. . . instead I folded it and put it nicely stacked for them. Why? Because maybe I'm nuts but I hope that in setting a good example (including using my turn signal even though most of my fellow Washingtonians don't do this) that I will begin to show them what it means to think of others first and show a little courtesy and thoughtfulness. It might be insane, but it also just might work.

I'll keep you posted on how it works out.

Have a good weekend.
Love in Christ,
Maureen

No comments: