Monday, March 14, 2011

Goodbye's

Saying goodbye is never easy. And we have made Wichita our home. For ten years we have lived here and made friends, expanded our family and loved everyone here - new friends and those who are old friends.
As I was driving home this evening from my mom's (wait it's Tuesday already - so make that yesterday evening) where I took Lizzie to visit for a little while to get in some Grammy-time. I was driving home and realized that in a few weeks I won't be able to drive quickly to Mom's or walk down the street to Sheri's or meet with Karen or Beth or Lisa for lunch or breakfast. No more visiting with Laurie in church (sometimes during the service in the lobby - I'm guilty I admit it). And I had to quickly push these thoughts out of my head.
It isn't that I won't miss any of these things, but going there in my head will only lead to crying and right now I have to work on helping the girls make the adjustment to the move. Elizabeth is doing state assessments this week for Math at Spaght and is throwing off her schedule. She's leaving so much behind - the only home she's ever known, but Sunday in church she shared with the kids that God gave Chris a job because he didn't have one and we have to move. But she isn't worried or scared, because she knows she will make new friends and Jesus will be with her.
When Miss Lana shared this with me, I almost burst with pride in her.

So while I hate goodbye, we must say at least, "Til we see you again, Wichita." You have welcomed us in, made us feel at home and introduced us to some very awesome people. While Goodbye's really do stink, it's nice to know that we can always come back and visit - and that you will always hold a special place in our hearts. We have welcomed all three girls into our home that we leave behind here. First, Lizzie, then Sarah, and Beka - all have come to live with us, by different means in this house and while I hate that it required and still requires so much work, it has taken us in and we made it ours as time went by.
I hope you all have a good week.
Love in Christ,
Maureen


No comments: