Friday, February 25, 2011

The Year of the Dad

This is one of the few photos left of me with my Dad. He died suddenly when I was 5 yrs old and it has left a huge impact on my life.

After watching The Grace Card, I suspect that God is claiming 2011 as The Year of the Dad. And I think this is important. As a girl who grew up w/o her father, I know all to well how important the relationship is between a father and his children. Not just daughters, but also a father and sons.

Men, women may be the nurturers to some degree, but you are the men who will teach your sons and daughters what kind of men it is important to be. This will shape the choices your daughters will make for their future husband and it will teach your son what kind of man he want's to be (or not be in some cases). Those of you working and striving to be Men of God and of Faith - please keep seeking God. If you haven't always been there, it isn't too late to change - so please keep working towards that goal as well.

May God Bless you and Keep you this weekend.

Love in Christ,
Maureen Koeppel

No comments: