Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas and Monkeys


I know, I know this technically isn't a Christmas photo. But hey, it is close to the holiday when you hit Halloween.
It's that time of year again where the kids are super busy and I am super tired. What is it about winter that makes you so sleepy and tired? And makes me want to bake? It's one of our favorite things to do when it's Christmas - we love to bake goodies for our friends and family.
This year I am attempting homemade - real from scratch banana and pumpkin bread. Although, technically can you call it from scratch when you use canned pumpkin pie filling? Just a questions.
For a while I will have to blog a little less than I normally do, because I am without a laptop. If Chris finds work overseas or if he deploys though I will invest in one as soon as I can so I can be more active.
This year though, Elizabeth has really been wanting to get involved with Christmas. This is the first year she has started talking about giving gifts to other people more than she talks about getting presents herself. It's been a nice shift in her, she's becoming aware of others and their feelings. Beka is all about the Christmas tree and I am pretty sure that Sarah is just happy that Daddy is home (all the girls are of course, but it seems to be more real for Sarah).
Some of the things we love about Christmas is just spending time with family and friends and hanging out. This year, we intend to spend the day in our jammies and eat good food. Last year, we had a good time at Aunt Nina and Uncle Ed's house. It was a nice change of pace for the girls to enjoy time out of the house. I did the meat and they provided other food items. This year, by popular demand, I think I might make a lasagna - it's a tradition that Chris' mom started when he was a kid and I thought it sounded nice and would be a nice change of pace after Thanksgiving gorgeous feast, but filling our tummies with too much food.
What are your hopes for 2011? Do you hope to find work, like so many others? Or would you like to see some positive changes in yourself? Whether it be weight loss, a new job, or trying to pay of debts, etc . . . no matter what I hope you make 2011 a year of seeking God and His blessing for your life. I find that when I seek Christ, everything else seems to fall into place.
I hope you all have a good week.
Love in Christ,
Maureen

No comments: