Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!


I hope you all had a good Halloween. We started our Halloween on Friday afternoon by going with Sheri and Damion and the Trotter clan to Walter's Pumpkin Patch outside of El Dorado. This is Elizabeth, Saidra, Jonas, Sheri, & Kiernan on the first row, then Asher by Damion and Canaan. The kids had a blast and really enjoyed themselves and Sheri discovered the joys of pumpkin salsa there.
They have a very neat kids area and playground area that the kids really enjoyed. We might have gotten more bang for our buck but we got there an hour before it closed, so we didn't get to enjoy everything they had for entertainment.
Afterwards, we took the kids to Wendy's for dinner and Sarah and Damion went across the parking lot to Twin Lake Terrors which wasn't so much terrifying as amusing to Sarah. Either way they all enjoyed themselves and had a good time. I then drove to Mom and Bud's place to check the mail and to also to watch Sanctuary whilst they are visiting in Ohio and Virginia with Bud's family.
Halloween morning I awoke at the usual time, because I am on a sad schedule and wake up each morning out of habit or due to the alarm at 7:10 a.m. So I got up and drove to Wal-Mart and grabbed a few things for the kids. I also purchased a firepit so we could roast marshmallows with the kids that night. Then I picked up Sheri and we ran to the commissary and grabbed the food items we needed for the nights plans. Sufficit to say by the time we finished getting everything we needed for the evening, I had to lay down and take a nap. I think we used more energy planning and getting everything than we did trick or treating with the kids and the party itself. That includes the time and energy it took to cook, assemble the firepit and get the fire going, which I don't think ever actually happened completely.
So we got everyone dressed and took them trick or treating and they had a blast. The houses in our neighborhood did some neat stuff and one house actually had a puppet show where the puppets looked like real people and they danced them to the songs, "Thriller", "Ghostbusters", and "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything." It was very entertaining and the kids all enjoyed the show a lot and had a good time. So after all of that was said and done, you would think they would be exhausted today - nope. They are looking a little ragged around the edges though, so I am considering keeping Lizzie at home. She is pale and has circles under eyes really badly. This has been going on for a while and she's complaining of a stomach ache. In fact, Lizzie and Beka are currently snuggled under Beka's blanket on the couch next to me as I am writing. I am considering letting her stay home and have a quiet day and work with her on her homework and with some workbooks I purchased for her to use.
I hope you all have a good Halloween. Happy Birthday to Sandy, my brother-in-law in Edmond, OK. Today (Nov. 1st) is his b-day.
In Christ,
Maureen

No comments: