Tuesday, October 27, 2009

You gotta love irony!

Okay if you are new to reading this, I am the wife of an Army Reservist. Soon he will go full time Army, but for now we are reserves. Now I realize that things can be complicated, but your paystub shouldn't be one of them?!

I am laughing as I write this because I just took a peak out our next LES payment stub and the military is paying us the back money they owed us. This money is because when our men and women are putting their lives on the line in order to aid their families w/bills and silly annoying every day things like that, the U.S. government does not require them to pay taxes. They finally have paid us the taxes they should not have been taking out, and yet, we still paid taxes on even that?! Now let me ask you - is it me or is that just a whole new level of stupid right there? Who in their right minds came up with this system I don't know, but they should maybe find a different job or be handed their walking papers. The only excuse I can think of is this - a man must have come up with this idea. A man who doesn't pay the bills at home, because he does such a poor job that his wife has taken over bill paying.

Now I may be wrong, and if I am then shame on the woman who came up with this system. Because surely you are giving us all a very bad name.

Have a good week.
Maureen

No comments: