Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Monkey's and Boo's


The Funny Things Kid's Say
Today was a good day. I was actually asleep before 1 a.m. and while Beka woke up at 8 a.m., it was okay because 7 hours is still better than 5 1/2 hours of sleep. It was a cute day today, the girls said cute things and did cute things.
Let's see, Beka's new favorite phrase is, "Oh Yeah." I also heard her "arguing" playfully with Lizzie about is not, is too. I love hearing her speech take off and she decided to sit on the potty several times today, although, she still has as yet to actually do anything on the potty other than sit there. But the cutest thing she did today was fall asleep in her mac-n-cheese . . . face first. So we took yet one more bath today, I think that brings our total up to 3 for the day, which is one less than her average 4 baths a day. Yes, Beka usually takes between 3 and 4 baths a day. She is little, she is two, she gets very dirty and covered in food, hence multiple baths. And of course, since it is almost in the one hundreds lately, she often takes them from recreational reasons as well and of course, to wash off the mud that she accumulates on her feet while "playing" in the little swimming pool I purchase for her and Elizabeth.
Lizzie is recovering well from the trauma of her mouse friend's demise. And she cracked me up today. Beka played nicely in her room this morning so I was able to lay in bed a bit while attempting to convince myself that I must wake up and go to Walgreens to pick up a prescription. And as she came upstairs to talk to me, she began limping.
"Ouch," limp, "ouch".
"Honey, what's wrong?"
"I hurt my knee, Mommy. See." Limp, "ouch", limp, "ouch."
She persisted in this for some time so finally I took the bait and asked her, how she hurt her knee.
"I watched too much Pink Panther."
Now I have to confess, that one stopped me dead in my tracks. I couldn't help but laugh and of course, call Chris' mom and tell her that one, because hey, it was funny. It's amazing the things she comes up with these days. She obsessed about my dad, dying and going to Heaven and enjoys pointing out cemeteries where people have "died and gone to be with Jesus." I really do need to make a mental note to be more careful what I say to her. Next, she is going to tell some Muslim child or grown up that her daddy had to go away so he could go fight the bad guys! Oy vey! That will come and bite me in the keister big time.
Well I hope you all have a good day.
In Christ,
Maureen

No comments: