Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Good Day

First, the picture has nothing to do with this entry, I just really like it a lot. I love Lizzie's goofy smile and that Sarah is in it, because she is getting harder to photograph (either due to lack of cooperation or because she won't stop making goofy faces).

Today was a good day. Bud and I got more of the corners done and I am going to go and finish up the last of them here shortly. Granted I had a nasty headache, but I was able to see an old acquaintance from Indian Hills (Larry Palmer - his wife Linda used to play piano at the church). They left before we did and we were able to talk and touch bases. He informed me that Bronda Robbins is now married and I am happy for her. Maybe she'll . . .well maybe it will work out well for her. It was good to talk but also good to find out how much I am going to spend on greenboard, and the new bathroom vanity, etc . . . I figure all in all about $500 for the bathroom and more to finish the hallway. So while there were things I could have done without, I think having an allergy headache because I was so productive yesterday is all in all a good thing.

Also with the heat having broken, I seemed to have found renewed energy and I can allow the girls to play outside, which is a good thing. Have I ever mentioned, that I hate summer? Well I do, I don't like to be too hot or sweaty, sticky, and plain uncomfortable because it's too hot. I used to not understand why my mom wouldn't go outside with us -I get it now. Sorry Mom for my lack of understanding as a young adult, I get it now.

Well I'm off to work on the dining room, my mission is to have it done by the end of the week.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. We really appreciate it and love you all.
Love in Christ,
Maureen

No comments: