Sunday, April 19, 2009


Okay before I start, I should explain this photo. This is from July 2006 on our way home from Idaho and visiting Mary and Ted. Wow, how the girls have grown up since this was taken. As you can see from the photo above this one.
It's been a good week over all. No major disasters, I just feel like being a homebody a lot. You can't spend money if you are home, well you can but not as easily with three kids running around and taking care of Sofie.
My friend Lisa, had her baby shower on Saturday and I opted to stay home. Mainly because I didn't feel like being with a lot of people I don't know. It makes me very uncomfortable and I tend to stick my foot in my mouth when I am nervous. Hence the hesitation - and more importantly, I didn't want to leave Sarah to babysit. She is a good helper, so I try not to use her as free child care often if I can help it. And when I do run to the store, I usually take Lizzie with me, since she and Sarah don't always get along. But I heard it went well and that she enjoyed herself a good deal (I heard this from Lisa).
Which opens the other topic, how depressed is too depressed. Honestly, I think I am doing pretty good. I talk on the phone, I run errands, and I don't spend all day eating my way through this deployment. I get a good deal of sleep (okay, in comparison to what I was getting up until a few months ago, I am getting sleep). Beka is finally sleeping through the night - for the most part. This only took almost two years to happen, but finally, she tends to only wake up at 6:30 to nurse and then goes back to sleep until 7:30 or 8:00 a.m. So really I think I am doing pretty good. It helps that I have the girls here, they keep me on my toes and it's hard to be depressed with Beka consistently doing something cute and adorable.
Beka is now singing almost all of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Rain, Rain Go Away. And she loves the soundtrack to the movie, Mama Mia. especially, the song; Honey, Honey. I think I've listened to it about a gagillion times and she knows most of the words now. LOL! I think we all know most of the words now, much to Sarah's displeasure.
I hope you all have a good week. I will attempt to keep this updated more often.
Love In Christ,
Maureen


No comments: