Friday, January 30, 2009

God is Good All the Time

This has been an interesting week in our household. The Army has once again messed up our pay and so we are waiting until next Wednesday for our paycheck. However, through it all God has put people in our lives who have been a great help. Mary, was able to help me do a mental checklist and I was able to realize what few things I would need. Thankfully, Sheri and Damion helped me get eggs, laundry soap, and dish soap as well as they paid for my blood pressure pill so I wouldn't have to go without medication. Then on Thursday I was able to run to Wal-Mart and pick up a few odds and ends that I needed (you know silly things like milk, and stuff for the girls' lunches). Beka did very well throughout the store, until the check out line! Of course, they put so many things there that children can't help but want them. I had picked out a bag of Funyon's (chippy circles as Lizzie calls them) and was going to pick it up, but she began melting down. When the kind woman in front of us, picked up the bag and told the cashier she would pay for it, if she would please scan it so that Beka could have the chips. All I could say was, "God Bless You." And I hope he doubly blesses her, because had she not done that I would have been unable to purchase them - I would have been short. I had just enough money to cover the other items I'd picked up. So there really are angels all around us! I always thought so, but it was nice to be blessed with one in my presence this time.

Please keep the girls in your prayers. Elizabeth is starting to realize that Dad is not home and isn't coming home anytime soon, so she is becoming clingy and so is Beka. Sarah, is a little more mopey, but I think she keeps a lot kept inside. She is seeing a therapist, but I may need to find one for Lizzie next if she continues struggling.

I hope you all have a good week and a great day. God Bless you all. Thank you for your prayers and your support - it means a lot to us right now.

In Christ,
Maureen

UPDATE!

God truly is good. Cessna paid us this week for the vacation that Chris has accrued. And our taxes should be in by the weekend when we need to head to Nebraska! Praise God, truly - He is worthy to be praised. Thank you for your prayers and your support. I love you all.
Maureen

No comments: