Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow day

Well it is December 16th here and it is very cold. The low this morning was 3 degrees (according to KSN Channel 3 news website). I let the girls stay home from school, because honestly, I think USD 259 is insane. When the high isn't supposed to be even near 30 degrees and there is continuing snow, then they need to cancel school. But they didn't, so I told Sarah to turn off her alarm clock and I let the girls stay home. It is so cold that I sent Elizabeth outside to walk the dog, because she wanted to go out anyway. She is usually our warm one, who can warm me up (she's like Chris she has a higher body temp than most people) and she came in after only a few minutes freezing cold. She had to wrap up in a blanket to defrost.

We are painting and working on the living room. When I say we, I mean myself and Bud (Mom's boyfriend for those who do not know this). He came over and fixed the areas in the living room where the plaster has cracked or is missing and we are doing the primer over it and over the wood and we are going to paint it and make it look gorgeous. I will put another post up soon, with photos of before and after so you can see it. I think it is going to look great. Fortunately, we are also going to have a nice sized tax return this year and I am going to use some of the money to fix the Chrysler and some of the money to put up drywall and insulation in the living room and in the dining room. This house is going to look great when we are done with it. I will do a little at a time as I have the money. I have decided though, that I will hire contractors to drywall the stairway because I have very high ceilings and so I need to be sure that it is done correctly and because I don't have the right tools to go that high myself. So I will let the pros take care of that problem. Probably a little at a time I will put in new windows as well to help the house be more energy efficient. I know I am purchasing a new front door and a storm door to go with it.

I hope you all are having a good week. Only a few more days until Christmas and I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Wonderful New Year.
In Christ,
Maureen

No comments: